Millennium – The Year 2000 Problem, or Millennium, is an imaginary reset of all computers that was supposed to have happened on January 1, 2000.
- Year 2000 issue – An issue where 20th century software developers sometimes used two characters to represent the year in dates.
- The 2000 problem was caused, among other things, by the use of old programs, which was not anticipated at the time of their development. In the late 1990s, programs from the early 1980s were used in numerous cases. The difficulty was also in the fact that many programs turned to calculating dates ahead (for example, drawing up a procurement plan or any other planning ahead). So for many planning and forecasting programs, the Year 2000 Problem occurred earlier than the problem was with the computer itself and the current system date of the computer. This was especially true in Western countries, where the financial year begins in the fall.
- If you thought the problem was gone, then you are wrong. Now it is called – “The Year 2038 Problem” Year 2038 Computing Issue – Expected software glitches prior to January 19, 2038. This issue will affect programs and systems that use POSIX time (UNIX time), which is the number of seconds since midnight, January 1, 1970. This representation of time is a standard for Unix-like operating systems (due to the widespread use of the C language)
The Millennium is also heralding a new 21st century in human history. Let’s remember how humanity celebrated this day:
- Crowds of people gathered in Times Squar:
- People greeted this New Year 2000 with wild delight:
- In the morning, the famous Times magazine came out, with a quote – welcome to a New Century:
How it was – you can remember by watching some excellent videos:
Millennium in Times Square:
CNN: Millennium 2000:
Sydney New Year’s Eve 1999/2000:
Millenium celebrations around the world:
2000 Arrives – London,England:
Millennium celebration in Paris (1999/2000):
New Years Eve 2000 San Francisco:
The Millennium portrayal has certainly found itself in films:
The Millennium portrayal has certainly found itself in cartoons:
The Millennium portrayal has certainly found itself in music:
Summing up the results of the outgoing century, some people made a selection of the most interesting moments of the last century, superimposing them on the musical compositions of that time:
Well, how can you not remember the grandiose Modern Talking concert on December 31, 1999:
As you can see, it was a great time. . This site was created so that people remember this wonderful time.